TikTok for Business: Ways to Make the Most Out of It
TikTok for Business has been creating a buzz lately and it continues to grow every single day. It was defined as a combination of Instagram, Twitter, and Vine when it was first launched in 2016. It only serves pure entertainment, especially for the young generation.
But today, it also presents brands with a unique marketing opportunity, just like what other social platforms do. It has more than 500 million active monthly users – a perfect channel to reach and attract more customers.
If you’re a brand looking for other ways to increase your social reach, you should start promoting on this platform now. Make the most out of it. Follow the tips we’ve listed below!
What is TikTok?
Just like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, Tiktok is also a social media platform. It mainly focuses on video content, allowing users to turn a random video clip into a 15 to 60second music video using its in-app editing tools. It is primarily used by younger audiences, from 16 to 24 years old.
It is a relatively new social media marketing channel, but it’s already considered as a great place to advertise your business, products, or services.
TikTok for Business Tips
Marketing your business on this social network is relatively similar to other channels. Once the video content is produced, you can use relevant hashtags to optimize and deliver it to your target audience.
And considering that it has surpassed other platforms in terms of downloads, it’s recommended to get started as soon as possible.
Here’s how you can make the most out of TikTok:
1. Know how it works
Study the platform. Joining a social media channel and look like you don’t know how it works are the last things you want to do. Avoid getting shunned by TikTok users – understand its ins and outs.
Does your target audience use this platform? How can you use it to promote your brand? How can you interact with your target audience using TikTok? By studying the channel, you will be able to create a great strategy and fit your business into its culture naturally.
Take note that it is widely used by audiences with an age range of 16 to 24. If they are not your audience segment, you strategy might not work effectively.
2. Promote a hashtag challenge
When done right, hashtag challenges can help boost brand awareness. On top of that, it is also a great way to increase audience engagement.
Be creative. Don’t just challenge your audience to take a video that promotes your products or services. Add a fun twist in it. Make sure that it is interesting, attractive, and triggers other people to also join.
3. Create engaging content
If you want to make your TikTok for Business strategy successful, you have to know what really interests your target audience. Identify which content best appeals to them by reviewing TikTok inspiration studies. You should also browse its “Discover” page to see what’s trending.
Here are a few TikTok content ideas:
- Organize contests
- Run promos and giveaways
- Create a vertical video
- Follow or respond to other brand challenges
- Show your brand’s fun side
- Use trending or interesting music
4. Use TikTok Advertising
This amazing platform has introduced ads, too, to help businesses reach more people. It offers four different types of advertisements, including:
- Hashtag Challenges. Other than inventing your own hashtag challenge, TikTok will also allow you to use promoted hashtags. This type of ad will not just make your content go viral; it will also help you get more engagement.
- Branded Lenses. If you’re using Snapchat, you can easily understand how this ad works. It is like the Snapchat 2D or 3D lenses for photos and faces. You can use it to attract more followers and encourage them to try Branded Lenses, too.
- Brand Takeovers. Hook the attention of your target audience immediately using an ad with dynamic or full-screen static display. This type of ad will help deliver a strong impact and guaranteed impression for your brand. You can use a GIF, 3 to 5-second video, or a static image in your campaign. On top of that, you can also include a link of your landing page or website in it to get more traffic.
- Infeed Native Content. Tell your brand story like an expert TikTok creator with Infeed Native. This will help integrate your content into the “For You” feed of your audience, exposing it to thousands of users. The ads last for less than 15 seconds on the homepage – they can be skipped, just like how Instagram Stories work. Their impact is measured by the number of CTR, clicks, play duration, video interaction, views, and impressions.
5. Take advantage of multi-channel promotion
Increase your brand popularity further by promoting your TikTok videos on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Just download your video content on the TikTok app and repost it across major online channels. This will help your business build a solid brand following.
Follow the Trend
TikTok for Business is just getting started. Its marketing capabilities will definitely evolve and innovate further after a couple of years, so you should hop onto the trend and start making the most out of this platform. Promote your brand on TikTok today.