8 LinkedIn Marketing Tips to Level Up Your Connections
LinkedIn is one of the largest professional social media platforms with more than 600 million active users worldwide – perfect for business-to-business (B2B) marketers looking for more opportunities to grow online.
So, if you haven’t been using it to its full potential or still not on the platform, it’s time for you to reconsider. Don’t miss your chance and follow these LinkedIn marketing tips.
This channel is a great place for networking and building partnerships with other professionals. Connect with prospects and drive qualified leads, here’s everything you need to know about this marketing strategy and how you can leverage it for your business.
What is LinkedIn Marketing?
As mentioned earlier, LinkedIn is a platform used mostly by professionals to grow their career and networks. But, that doesn’t mean that it is for job seekers and professionals alone – businesses can also use it to promote their brand, reach more prospects, and boost sales.
LinkedIn marketing is all about business-related activities, including professional connections, career development, and industry discussions. It exposes companies and individuals to millions of new connections, which can be utilized to find more customers, new employees, and strong partners.
LinkedIn Marketing Tips for Businesses
Compared to other social media platforms, this professional network is less about promoting or selling your products or services. Obvious hard-selling, spamming, and blatantly pushing your business won’t work here.
What you need to do is to create a LinkedIn marketing strategy tailored for the platform alone to get the results you want. It has a different type audience, so it needs a unique approach.
Here are some tips:
1. Define your goals
What do you want to get out of this platform? Brand awareness? More leads? More traffic?
It is important to clearly define your goals and objectives when promoting on this channel, just like with any marketing initiatives. This will allow you to build a more comprehensive plan, and serve as your baseline when tracking your campaign performance every month.
The usual marketing goals for B2B companies include:
- Boost brand authority
- Generate, nurture, and attract leads
- Promote event appearances and webinars
- Drive website traffic
Once you’ve determined your goals, it will be easier for you to establish an effective LinkedIn marketing strategy.
2. Set up a rock-solid profile
Your profile will be the heart and soul of your brand. It is the first thing that users see when they search for your business and get to know more about the products of services you offer , so make sure that it’s rock-solid.
A good first impression is very important when attracting prospects. If the users couldn’t find the information they need on your profile, they may search for another brand.
You only get one chance to impress your target audience, so make it count. Here’s how you can set up a rock-solid profile:
• Provide complete information in your profile – from what your business is offering to where they can reach you. Don’t leave any gaps.
• Avoid grammar and spelling mistakes.
• Check the profiles of your competitors and look for ways to make yours stand out.
• Showcase the industry distinctions and awards you’ve received.
• If you have popular clients in the past, mention them in your profile. However, make sure to ask permission to them first.
• Don’t forget to include the link of your company website.
• Make use of the banner space provided on LinkedIn. Push a certain campaign messaging in it to engage your audience – think of it as your online store front.
3. Optimize your profile for search
Optimizing your profile can help you reach more audience. When you use search engine optimization and include keywords on certain parts of your profile, those who are truly interested in your products or services can easily find you.
Just make sure that your keywords are relevant, represents the products or services your offer, and tells everything about your overall brand. If you’re unsure what keywords to use, you can ask yourself which phrases or words a potential customer would type into Google when searching for your offerings.
4. Produce relevant content
This is one of the most powerful LinkedIn marketing tips that you should consider. Creating valuable content is essential to any social media platform, including LinkedIn.
Actually, content marketing on this professional network can be more effective compared to posting on any other platform because it has a captive audience hungry for knowledge and information. So, make the most out of this advantage.
Here are some tips:
• Share videos, blogs, and webinars based around the topics that interest your target audience.
• Focus on the quality of your posts more.
• If you can reach out to thought leaders in your industry, ask them to contribute.
• High-engagement events and new posts it best published on Tuesdays to Thursdays.
• Old content, repurposed posts, and re-shares are best published on Mondays or Fridays.
• Post reviews and testimonials of your clients.
• How-to guides, questions, and lists are the best performing types of headlines.
• The platform rewards posts without corporate links, so if you want to include one, just place it in the comment section.
• Create graphics and videos to boost engagement.
These tactics will help build up connections quickly and encourage your audience to come back to your page for new content.
5. Use LinkedIn Pulse
LinkedIn Pulse is a great feature that you can use to share content with your target audience. It is an online news aggregation feed where you can connect and provide ideas to other LinkedIn users.
Originally, this feature is created for influencers only. But today, LinkedIn made it available to all of its users. So, if you want to build your profile and expand your audience reach, you should use write blog posts and other content using LinkedIn Pulse.
There are no word limits for the articles published in the Pulse platform. On top of that, the published articles in it can be accessed through Google search or from your company profile, allowing audiences to find your content when they need it.
6. Grow your connections
One way to gain more followers and potential customers is to share compelling content. But you can also do the following tricks below to grow your network:
• Make sure that your team members like your posts and follow your company page. Always remember that your employees are your biggest brand advocates, and the ones who will most likely distribute your content to other people.
• If you see an article or a blog post you like, share it to your feed, especially if it’s from an influencer or a relevant individual in your industry.
• Ask your customers to write testimonials or reviews for your business page so that you can gather social proofs. It’s also a great idea to write recommendations for others.
• If you think that your connections may find your content promotion useful, tag them in it.
• Invite partners and customers to follow you on LinkedIn. Promote your LinkedIn profile on other social media channels, your press releases, blogs, and email newsletters.
7. Utilize LinkedIn ads
LinkedIn offers various advertising options for businesses, including sponsored inmails, text ads, and sponsored updates. These advertisements will help distribute your brand message to your target audience, directing the traffic back to your profile.
Follow these tips before launching ad campaigns:
- Produce an ad copy that captures the attention of your audience
- Use simple sentences and terms
- Maximize the character limits
- Add a call-to-action for each ad
- Use relevant hashtags and keywords
- Include visuals
- Optimize your ads based on the analytics results you’ve collected
8. Measure your results
Analyze your efforts regularly so that you can enhance your marketing strategy and always get better results. You can use a social media analytics tool to measure your performance, but if you’re looking for a more convenient option, you can also use LinkedIn’s own analytics pages.
LinkedIn Analytics comes with three sections, including:
Visitor analytics – This shows the total number of unique visitors and page views, ratio of visitors from mobile and desktop, and demographic information.
Update analytics – It contains engagement metrics for your posts, including the total number of likes, clicks, comments, and shares. It also shows the ratio of engagement between paid and organic content.
Follower analytics – This represents the total number of followers you have, how many followers you gained for the current month, the demographic data of your audience, and comparison of your followers to those of other similar brands.
Grow your social media network
LinkedIn is one of the best marketing channels that will help you with brand building. It is at the top of most people’s minds when it comes to professional online networking, so don’t miss your chance – follow these LinkedIn marketing tips and start connecting with more customers today.